felt wreath love

Monday, December 19, 2011 - Posted by Jullie at 10:33 PM
Yes... another wreath! I needed to decorate my house somehow with Christmas decorations to balance the lack of them outside of our house. My projects have been the felt wreath, the pine needle wreath on our front door, mini christmas trees, and glittery branches in wine bottles. I've only really recorded how I made my felt wreath, the rest I'll post when they're all finished.

This wreath is pretty easy to make and I know a lot of friends who already have these up in their homes or used this technique to make variations of decorative items. But I'll show you anyway..

Materials: one Styrofoam wreath, about 1 1/4 yards of felt of the color of your choice, pins, scissors
First, to make the circles, I outlined a stool of ribbon onto the felt.


I used most of the felt, not sure how many circles I ended up making, but let's just say it was A LOT.
Once you're done cutting out the circles fold into quarters and pin the tip of it to the Styrofoam.



You can make the wreath as tight or loose, I ended up making it tight because I didn't like to see the green styrofoam.


Once you go all the way around, test it on the wall or mirror that you're displaying it on, for me since I wanted to put it against a mirror, I needed to cover the insides and most of the back. Then, I wrapped the rest of the back with red felt so you couldn't see anymore green, especially in the reflection of the mirror.


Attach a ribbon to the back and hang it! That's it! and there it is, on my dining room wall, it doesn't completely go with my green/yellow theme but it adds a little holiday boldness. Also, the wreath matches all the glittery candles and centerpieces on the dining room table.

Hope you enjoyed this craft!